Thanks for being a part of the Assured Life Association (Assured Life) community on social media! We created this space to inform members/customers about Assured Life’s national member service campaigns, member benefits, events and volunteer activities, as well as provide a place for members to interact and share their experiences. We hope you enjoy this space.
You are solely responsible for your conduct and any information, content, comments, or links (collectively, “User Content”) that you submit, post, transmit, or display on or via any of the Social Media Pages.
Assured Life will never ask you to share your personal information publicly on any social media outlet or other online public forum. If you have a private insurance matter or request for service, you must contact member services at email@example.com or by calling 800-777-9777. For service questions on your Medicare Supplement insurance call our administrative office at 877-223-3666.
In consideration of your access to and use of the Social Media Pages, you agree not to submit, post, transmit, or display any User Content that:
Assured Life does not pre-screen or regularly review any contributed User Content. Nevertheless, Assured Life reserves the right to remove, edit, block, terminate, and/or monitor, without notice to you, any User Content or account containing User Content for any reason whatsoever.
- Contains private information that can be linked to a specific individual, whether yourself or someone else (“Private Information”). Private Information may include but is not limited to: account numbers of an individual, details about an insurance or annuity certificate/policy or claim information, information about health status or medical history, and financial information.
- Contains a photograph of a person who has not given you consent to share the photo. Do not post pictures of minor children unless you are the child’s parent or legal guardian. Never tag a photo or identify the people in the photo by name, email, or telephone number in either the comments or the photos.
- You do not own or do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party or material that infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyone’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or moral rights.
- Violates any law or may be considered to violate any law.
- Is off-topic, inappropriate, defamatory, misleading, threatening, harassing, or offensive.
- Advertises any commercial endeavor or otherwise engages in any commercial activity, or constitutes spam or other unsolicited communications.
- Contains any computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
- Links to material that falls within the descriptions set forth above.
As between you and Assured Life, all User Content (except for Private Information) is non‑confidential and non-proprietary. Assured Life is not liable for any use or disclosure of User Content.
You hereby grant to Assured Life the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully transferable and sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, reformat, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, perform, and display all User Content submitted, posted, published, transmitted, or displayed on or via the Social Media Pages, and to incorporate any User Content in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, in Assured Life’s sole discretion without any compensation paid to you and without further approval from you.
Assured Life shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to any User Content that you submit, post, publish, display, or transmit via the Social Media Pages. You further agree that Assured Life is free to use any ideas, concepts, and know-how that you provide to us on the Social Media Pages. You grant Assured Life the right to use the name you submit in connection with such material, if they so choose. You represent and warrant that you have proper authorization to grant this license.
Third Party Links
Assured Life's Social Media Pages may share information or links relating to websites, applications, products, or services ("Third Party Content") of third parties. The inclusion of the Third Party Content or any link thereto does not necessarily imply Assured Life's endorsement or affiliation with that third party. Assured Life does not control any of these third parties or their content. You acknowledge and agree that Assured Life has no responsibility or liability for any such Third Party Content. You access such Third Party Content at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of the third party. Your correspondence and dealings with such third parties are solely between you and the third party.
User Content does not reflect the views, policies, or procedures of Assured Life, its employees, agents, officers, or directors. Assured Life does not verify the accuracy of nor endorse User Content, and specifically disclaims any responsibility or liability to any person or entity for any loss, damage (whether actual, consequential, punitive, or otherwise), injury, claim, or other cause of any kind that is directly or indirectly related to the User Content.
You further agree that Assured Life will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Social Media Pages or any part thereof, or the loss of any User Content. You further acknowledge that User Content posted to the Social Media Pages may be public and viewable by everyone who can see the Social Media Pages. You further acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to security breaches, and as such, submission of User Content is not secure. You agree to accept sole responsibility (as between Assured Life and you) for adequate protection of your data and/or devices and equipment used in connection with the Social Media Pages.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Social Media Pages, whether online or offline. You agree that Assured Life has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the conduct of any user.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your User Content and any related content uploads, posts, emails, and/or other communications disseminated in connection with your use of Assured Life’s Social Media Pages. You agree that you will not hold Assured Life, its employees, agents, officers or directors responsible or liable and shall release Assured Life from any liability related to any User Content submitted by you or related to your use of Assured Life’s Social Media Pages.
YOU USE THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AT YOUR OWN RISK (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, DAMAGE RESULTING FROM RELIANCE ON INFORMATION FROM THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES, OR OTHER DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM OBTAINING ANY CONTENT FROM THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES INCLUDING COMPUTER VIRUSES) EVEN IF ASSSURED LIFE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR IS AWARE OF THE RISK OF SUCH DAMAGE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ASSURED LIFE PROVIDES THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND ASSOCIATED INFORMATION AND CONTENT “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND ASSURED LIFE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
NO INFORMATION OR CONTENT PROVIDED ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES, BY ASSURED LIFE, ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, OR BY USERS OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
ASSURED LIFE MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, COVENANT, OR GUARANTEE WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED:
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT WILL ASSURED LIFE'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER EXCEED ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100.00 USD).
- AS TO THE VALUE, QUALITY, TIMELINESS, USEFULNESS, RELIABILITY, SECURITY, SUITABILITY, ACCURACY, TRUTHFULNESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND ASSOCIATED INFORMATION AND CONTENT;
- THAT THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES WILL OPERATE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE;
- THAT THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND ASSOCIATED INFORMATION AND CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS;
- AS TO THE QUALITY OR VALUE OF ANY OF ASSURED LIFE'S PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL YOU PURCHASE OR OBTAIN VIA THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES; OR
- THAT ANY ERRORS ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE WILL BE CORRECTED.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Social Media Pages contain material protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and/or other proprietary laws. Protected material may include, without limitation, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and logos of Assured Life and third parties. All right, title, and interest in the protected material belong to their respective owners.
You agree not to (via any means, now known or later discovered or created) reproduce, modify, distribute in any manner (including rent, lease, loan or sell), mirror, frame, republish, download, transmit, create derivative works of, or remove, modify, or conceal any of Assured Life's or any third party’s protected material without prior express written permission. You further agree that you will not alter any notice of copyright, trademark, trade name, service mark, or any other proprietary notice or legend relating to the same, in whole or in part.
Assured Life may use third-party trademarks on the Social Media Pages to identify the owners of those marks. Use of any third-party trademark is meant only to identify the trademark owners and their goods and services, and is not intended to imply any association or sponsorship between the trademark owners and Assured Life.
If you believe that your copyright has been infringed by the Social Media Pages, promptly provide in writing the following information to our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) Designated Agent:
The contact information of the Designated Agent for the Social Media Pages is:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Assured Life to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Assured Life to contact you, such as an address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Secretary and Vice President of Operations
Assured Life Association
PO Box 3169
Englewood, CO 80155
Telephone: (303) 468-3810
Facsimile: (303) 792-9793
It is Assured Life’s policy to block access to or delete any copyright-infringing material posted by users of the Social Media Pages. Assured Life may also terminate the infringing user’s access to the Social Media Pages.
Assured Life's Social Media Pages are directed to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Assured Life does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are aware that Assured Life has collected personal information from someone under the age of 13, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may remove the information from our system.
Choice of Law and Venue for Resolving Disputes
Assured Life may assign this agreement at any time without notice to you. You may not assign this agreement to anyone else, and any attempt by you to assign shall be void.