March 22, 2019
The Board of Directors met for its regular meeting Friday, March 22,2019 in Denver, Colorado. All directors were present for the meeting as were the Society Officers. The last regular Board meeting was held Friday, December 7, 2018 in Denver, Colorado.
The first order of business was an organizational meeting to install the newly elected Board Members, Billy B Hill, Jr., Lance C Foreman and Paul D Jorgensen, elected by benefit members last year. In addition, the Board elected Tanya S Unrein to continue as its Chair. The appointment of the Executive and Audit Committees was also part of the organizational meeting.
Following the organizational meeting, the Board was called to order for its regular meeting.
Actions of the Board during its regular meeting included the following:
- Approved prior minutes of board meetings.
- Received and accepted reports from the Executive Committee.
- Reviewed and discussed December 31, 2018 internal financial report for the Society as well as the Annual Statutory Statement for the period ending December 31, 2018.
- Reviewed and ratified the investment transactions for the fourth quarter of 2018.
- Approved amendments to Assured Life Association’s cafeteria plan for employees.
- Adopted a bank resolution for Axos Bank, Assured Life Association’s new banking relationship.
- Received and discussed reports from society officers.
- Participated in Board Education program.